MOISTURE IN GARAGES: SOLUTION FOR REMOVING THEM
Moisture is common in garages, as it happens in basements y storage rooms,as they are normally surrounded by land that may have groundwater,
causing moisture from any direction. A professional diagnosis is important to detect and eliminate them.
Moisture in underground garages appears on the walls, floors and ceilings, being the diagnosis of the causes and origin, the key to the effective and definitive solution.
Also keep in mind, small tips to reduce the moisture, which can be generated in the garage by the cars parked there,
as they are, avoid keeping the car running indoors, as in addition to gases also emit water vapor, avoid the accumulation of water in certain areas,
and use industrial fans to renew air, and to help evaporate puddle-forming water in the ground.
Causes of moisture in garages
The causes of moisture in the walls, floors and ceilings of garages can be by capillarity, filtration or condensation and must be taken into account:
- Moisture by capillarity rising from the subsoil.
- Capillarity moisture appearing laterally on the walls, which are in contact with the surrounding earth.
- Entry of water to the interior by underground streams, which impact against the walls.
- Cracks and bad coupling in water pipes, which are recessed or underground.
- Poorly sealed concrete walls with ceilings and floors.
- High ambient humidity, which condenses at night in the cold parts of the garage.
- Condensation moisture caused by evaporation of water from walls and floors, which greatly increase the ambient humidity.
Consequences of having moisture in garages
The consequences of having humidity in a garage are the danger of a slip, the degradation of its structure and poor sanitation of the parking
The main drawbacks of moisture in garages are:
- Degradation of the construction elements of the garage, such as walls, ceilings, columns, and floors, increasing maintenance work.
- Increased ambient humidity, which forces us to install fans to extract air from the interior.
- Dampness on the ground can cause accidents by slipping wheels and slipping people..
- Moisture in walls, columns, floors and ceilings decouple paints and plaster, and need continuous rehabilitation,
that if not done, ends up destroying walls and floors, deteriorating structures, ending the collapse of the building.
How to remove moisture in a garage?
Humidity is a big problem for many garages, and needs to be removed as soon as possible so that the damage they cause does not progress.
It is possible to remove moisture in garages with the following solutions:
- If you have moisture by capillarity in walls and floors the best solution is the installation of HS-221 system.
- Improves moisture by condensation in a garage if removes moisture by capillarity with the HS-221 system, since water will not evaporate through the surface of the walls.
- The radical solution to avoid moisture by condensation, consists of installing large fans, which in addition to evacuating exhaust gases from cars,
also free us from the humidity of humid places.
- The solution for moisture by filtration requires the intervention of a professional,
that has thermal camera to locate points where there are leaks from joints or cracks.
- In addition to the control of the existence of water leaks in pipes and drains, it is important to seal the joints of the walls with ceilings and floors,
being constructed with different materials, with different behaviors to the expansion and movement of the foundation.
Professional treatment to remove moisture by capillarity (rising damp) in garages
Classic solutions of double wall or cover with plasterboard or other plastic plates, to remove from view the humidity by capillarity on the walls,
have amply demonstrated their ineffectiveness,
as certainly in a short time will appear again the stains and deterioration of the moist damp capillarity in garages can appear on the floor and walls.
The system HS-221, rejects the water that has risen by capillarity of the walls, floors, columns of the garage towards the subsoil.
With a single HS-221 all the walls, columns and floors of a garage are dried, reaching up to 2500m2 with the most power,
but for higher surfaces can be added HS-221 from our range, ranging from 50m2 to 2500m2.
In the case of water leaks in the joints of walls with floors and ceilings it is necessary to make a seal between them to prevent water from entering the interior.
For high ambient humidity, we recommend the use of fans, which start automatically by increasing ambient humidity from a predetermined limit.
You can explain your case by contacting us and sending photos, and we promise to respond with a diagnosis in less than 24h.